” Take climate action” student competition
DASSAULT SYSTÈMES, a European company which has its registered office at 10, rue Marcel Dassault – CS 40501 – 78496 Vélizy Villacoublay Cedex – FRANCE (hereinafter the “Promoter” or “3DS”), is holding a competition entitled “Project of the Year 2022” (hereinafter the “Competition”) under the following Rules and Regulations (hereinafter the “Rules”).
Article 1: Conditions of Entry
The Competition is open to any individual who classifies themselves as a student and who is currently enrolled in an educational institution (the “Participants”).
The Competition is strictly limited to Participants as defined above, to the exclusion of all persons listed hereunder:
- Residents of countries subject to trade sanctions;
- Residents of Belgium, Norway, the Netherlands, Sweden, Russia, and the Canadian province of Quebec where this Competition is considered a lottery;
- Residents of any other country or territory where participation in this Competition and the terms of these Rules would violate any local law in force;
- Employees of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries, and their immediate family (spouse/partner, parents, siblings, children and their respective spouses/partners, etc.) and members of the household of said employees;
- Employees of any company associated directly or indirectly with this Competition, including their spouse/partner and family;
Any student is allowed to enter given the restrictions listed above. If a person meets all the requirements to participate, he/she can enter the Competition either individually or in a team.
If Participants would like to be part of a team, they must designate someone as their team leader (the “Team Leader”). The Team Leader must meet all the requirements to participate. If a team is formed, it must be a minimum of 2 Participants with a maximum of 5 Participants per team. The Team Leader will enter the Competition in the name and on behalf of his/her team.
No purchase or payment is required to enter the Competition; Participants (or at least one per team) must have a computer with Internet access, and access to 3DS solutions whose license can freely be requested for the purpose of the Competition through Climate Action Challenge page web: tca.edu.3ds.com.
The Promoter reserves the right to take all necessary steps to verify full compliance with the terms of entry.
Participants acknowledge and agree that the Competition shall at all times be subject to compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and administrative requirements, including without limitation, export control laws and regulations, and sanctions programs. In particular, the Promoter shall not be held liable in the event Participants are prohibited and/or otherwise restricted from participating to the Competition in order to comply with export control laws and regulations, and sanctions programs or to avoid potential exposure to any international sanctions or penalties that could be imposed by any governmental authority.
Article 2: Duration of the Competition
The Competition will extend from September, 05th 2022 at 12:00 AM to December, 30th 2022 at 11:59 PM. All times zones listed below are in the Central European Time Zone.
Article 3: Modalities of the Competition
The competition aims to empower Participants to become part of the solution to tackle climate change using the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, and in doing so make a positive impact on society and the environment.
Participants are asked to develop a project that reduces carbon dioxide emissions, and learn how to build a business case for sustainability using the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform (the “Project”).
“3DS Solutions” available for the competition are: 3D DESIGNER and 3D ENGINEER. The licence access request is done through the website of the Competition.
Participants have to choose the best 3DS Solutions for their Project. They can also use their 3DEXPERIENCE Platform license if they have one.
Phases of the Competition:
- The registration and license access request phase is open from September, 5th at 12:00 AM to December 30th at 11:59 PM. Participants may request a license to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform to design their Project anytime during the Competition ( there are two solutions proposed :3D DESIGNER or 3DEXPERIENCE ENGINEER)
- The Project submission phase, from September 05th at 12:00 AM to December 30th at 11:59 PM. Each Participant or team submit his/her/its Project by creating and publicly sharing a “post” in the 3DEXPERIENCE EDU Students Community, specifying the followings:
- Post title: # Take Climate Action Name of the Project
- Participant’s or team’s name
- Pitch of the Project (text)
- Picture or / and Video of the Project (YouTube link)
The submission of the Project may done by anytime from September, 5th at 12:00 AM to December 30th 2022 at 11:59 PM.
- The voting phase, from January 5th at 12:00 AM to January 10th.at 12:00 AM, 2023. At the End of the Project submission phase, a jury composed of 3DS experts, 3DS employees and Student Community users will vote to select the winning Projects. During this phase, Projects can no longer be submitted.
Article 4: Selection of Winners
At the end of the Competition, after the voting phase, Participants may be awarded one of the prizes described below by a jury composed of 3DS experts:
- “Best use of 3DEXPERIENCE Platform” prize
This prize will go to the Participant or team whose Project demonstrates the best use of the chosen 3DS Solution.
- “Effectiveness and viability of the solution” prize
This prize is awarded to the Participant or team whose Project best tackle carbon dioxide emission reduction, and who successfully build a business case for sustainability.
For these two prizes (A and B), the submitted Projects will be assessed by the jury, whose decision will be based on the global criteria below:
- Clarity of the Project title and description – clear title and overview that sums up the Project idea and the technology/principle behind it.
- Relevance – Is the Project relevant to the aim of the Competition? Does it prove the way it will tackle the goal to reduce carbon dioxide emissions?
- Innovation content – What is the state of the art in this field? Does the idea of the Project already exist within the market? If so, what is new or innovative about the Project? Does it have a positive aesthetic?
- Community impact – Does the idea of the Project bring useful benefits to the community it is intended for? Does it have applicability for more than one community? Will it have an impact on a local or a global community or both?
- Motivation – What inspired the Participant(s) to enter the Competition? Is it the will to change the world? Is it her/his/their desire to develop new design skills?
- Use of Dassault Systèmes solutions – Does the Project demonstrate the use of 3DS Solutions (3D Designer/ 3D Engineer ) to positively shape the world?
Two other prizes will be awarded:
- 3DS’ Employees prize
This prize is awarded to the Participant or team following a vote of 3DS’ employees across the company.
- “Most Liked Project” on the Student Community prize
This prize is awarded to the Participant or team following the number of likes given by users of the Student Community on the Projects’ posts. To promote their Projects, Participants may share their Projects’ posts on social media networks proposed by the Student Community (like LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter). The post that has the highest number of likes in the Student Community at the end of the voting phase wins this prize.
Article 5: Value of Prizes
Competition winners will be rewarded as follow, depending on each prize:
- “Best use of 3DEXPERIENCE platform” prize:
- Participant/team that obtains the highest scorefor his/her/its Project shall receive a Microsoft Surface Go 3 with a unit value of €599 inc. VAT;
- “Effectiveness and viability of the proposed solution” prize:
- Participant/team that obtains the highest scorefor his/her/its Project shall receive an iPad Mini with a unit value of €559 inc. VAT.
- 3DS’ employees prize:
- Participant/team that obtains the highest number of votesfor his/he/its Project shall receive a Bose Quiet Comfort with a unit value of €200 inc. VAT.
- “Most Liked Project” on the Student Community prize:
- Participant/team that obtains the highest number of likes for his/her/its Project shall receive Air Pods (3rd generation) with a unit value of €200 inc. VAT.
The value of prizes as specified in these Rules cannot give rise to any contestation of any kind. The Promoter reserves the right, should an event beyond its control occur, in particular in connection with its suppliers or unforeseeable circumstances, to replace the original prize announced with a prize of equal value. Winners will be informed of any changes and waive in advance any claims in this respect.
Article 6: Modalities of Attribution
The Promoter will close participation in the Competition on December 30th at 11:59 PM 2022 (time zone CET) (the “Closing date”).
Within 14 days of the Closing date, all Participants or team that have won a prize will be informed of their win by post and/or email. They will be asked to provide contact information and address for the purpose of receiving their prize.
Prizes will normally be awarded to winners within 30 days of the above contact information and address being sent out.
If a team wins a prize, prize will be sent to the Team Leader.
If, after a period of 14 days, a winner has not provided his/her postal address, or if they choose to forfeit their prize, said prizes will not be redistributed.
Participants, should they win, undertake to accept their prize as offered. Prizes may not be exchanged or redeemed for cash, other goods or services of any kind, or transferred to a third person. Similarly, no claims for compensation will be accepted regarding the prizes.
In the event that a winner should not wish or be in a position to accept all or part of their prize, for any reason whatsoever, they will be deemed to have entirely forfeited the benefit of said prize.
At the end of the Competition period, in the event that several Projects have received the exact same number of votes and are awarded the same place, the first of these Projects to have been posted, with the posting date serving as proof thereof, will be awarded the prize attributed to this place; the second Projects posted will be awarded the next place and prize corresponding to that place, if it exists, and so on and so forth.
Article 7: Intellectual Property Rights
7.1 Participants undertake not to harm the brands, reputation and image of 3DS and its subsidiaries. In addition, each Participant acknowledges and agrees that all materials, data and content provided by 3DS, are the property of 3DS and its subsidiaries, and cannot be used by the Participants without 3DS prior authorization. All rights not expressly granted to the Participant under these Rules or in the conditions of use of the Promoter’s website(s) are reserved.
7.2 3DS shall grant Participants who so wish, from September 5th, 2022 to December 30th, 2022, a free, non-exclusive and non-transferable licence to access and use the 3DS Platform (meaning the platform hosted by 3DS and made available to Participants, including information, documents and/or materials).
3DS reserves the right to revoke unilaterally and without consideration this license if it considers that the use that is made is detrimental to its interest and/or in case of any breach by the Participants of their obligations under these Rules. Upon expiration of this license, Participants agree to cease all access and/or use of the Platform.
7.3 Each Participant assigns to 3DS, without consideration, liability or reference, as and when they arise, all the rights that she/he may hold on the Project, as author, worldwide, for the entire duration of the rights as defined in French or foreign applicable Law, in international conventions in force, on all existing or future formats and media, notably physical, digital, analog or online (such as notably 3DS websites or social networks), in any form and in any language to any audience, directly or through any appointed third party, for all purposes, including the purposes of reproduction, representation, distribution, manufacturing, internal and external communication, marketing, information, promotion of 3DS activities, products or services.
The assigned rights include in particular the rights to:
- use, modify, adapt, assemble, edit and/or have used, modified, adapted, assembled, edited any models, designs, data or information contained in the Project in the development, use, marketing, storage, manufacturing, transfer, sale, lending, distribution, or deployment of any products and/or associated services, including physical representations and devices based on the Project by 3DS and/or a third party agreed by 3DS ,
- integrate and/or have integrated any models, designs, data or information contained in the Project into other projects,
- feature and/or have featured the Project and all its content for promotional purposes in websites or on any existing or future media, notably physical, digital, analog or online, in any form and in any language.
7.4 Each Participant in the Competition represent and warrants that he/she holds, and/or has obtained from any other person who has contributed to the Projects, all rights necessary to grant the Promoter the rights described above on the Projects entered as part of this Competition, and that said Projects violate no third-party rights, notably copyright.
In any event, the Promoter remains free to make use or not make use of the Participant’s Projects.
Article 8: Personal Data
8.1 In order to enter the Competition, all Participants must provide personal details such as name, emails, school name, country of residence (hereinafter “Personal Data”).
Said Personal Data are collected and processed by the Promoter solely for the purpose of managing and promoting the Competition. Participant authorize the Organizer to reuse the Personal Data collected for the Competition in order to promote the following edition of the said Competition. The Promoter’s policy on privacy and the use of Personal Data is available at the following address: http://edu.3ds.com/legal/privacy-policy/. This policy will apply to each use, collection and processing of Personal Data in connection with this Competition. As a result, Participants explicitly consent to the collection and processing of Personal Data for the purposes mentioned above.
8.2 Any Personal Data collected in the context of the Competition will be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter “GDPR”)
Personal Data may be collected through the Promoter’s Website(s), INSTAGRAM social media platforms used in connection with the Competition, and subsequently disclosed and used by a 3DS subsidiary for the purposes set out in this article. The Promoter may transfer all or part of the Participants’ Personal Data outside the European Union, provided that prior to the transfer of such Personal Data, it has verified that all entities (including subsidiaries of 3DS) receiving such Personal Data and non-European entities offer sufficient security guarantees and adequate levels of protection, in accordance with all applicable laws.
8.3 Participants in the Competition are entitled to access their Personal Data, and have a right to request correction, update or deletion thereof.
Participants also have the right to obtain a copy of Personal Data about them held by the Promoter. Participants may exercise their rights of access to and correction of Personal Data by writing to: 3DS.Compliance-Privacy@3ds.com or directly through any social media platforms FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER involved.
Article 9: Image Rights – Personality Attributes
Through their participation in the Competition, Participants grant the Promoter permission, without such permission conferring any rights to any form of compensation, benefits or any other rights, to use, reproduce, represent, display, disseminate, publish and adapt on any media by means of a mounting, directly or through a third party authorized to do so by the Promoter, in whole or part of their last names, first names, and/or image, for communication and/or promotional and/or internal or external marketing purposes, provided that they have communicated them as part of the Competition under the following conditions:
- on any medium and material, including in particular print, audio-visual, digital or electronic, whether existing (press, internet, posters, etc.) or future;
- by all means and in all formats;
- for all modes of exploitation known or unknown to date, including, but not limited to, dissemination via the Internet (in particular via websites and social networks);
- for a period of five (5) years following the Competition start date.
Participants acknowledge that any content created and/or operated in accordance with this authorization will not require any other approval by the Participants.
The Participations waive any action or recourse against the Promoter in relation to any content created and/or exploited in accordance with this authorization.
The Participants acknowledge that this authorization is enforceable against their legal successors.
Article 10: Acceptance of the Rules
Participation in the Competition implies express and unreserved acceptance of these Rules, of ethical rules in force on the Internet, of the terms and conditions of use of the Promoter’s website(s) used by Participants to enter the Competition as may be required, as well as all applicable laws and regulations in force, particularly with respect to games and lotteries.
The Promoter reserves the right, should circumstances require, to modify, prolong, shorten, suspend, defer or cancel the Competition, and to take any measures deemed necessary for the application and interpretation of these Rules.
As a result, any violation of the foregoing and of these Rules, incomplete or erroneous entry form, fraud or attempted fraud, false or inaccurate statement, or other violation of any other applicable provisions will disqualify the Participant and forfeit any right to a prize. Any cheating or attempted cheating will result in the exclusion of the offending Participant or any other sanction that the Promoter will deemed appropriate to the violation of the Rules.
The Promoter will thoroughly investigate any action that may be deemed cheating, or akin to cheating, including unauthorized means of increasing the Participant’s chances of winning a prize, notably by using the services of specialized companies. For instance, Participants who create multiple FACEBOOK accounts under false names and with false email addresses to obtain votes for their Project and thus increase their chances of winning one of the prizes may be excluded from the Competition and will forfeit any prize they may have won.
The Promoter alone shall be competent to independently judge, based on evidence gathered; any suspected fraud, cheating or violation of these Rules. The Promoter reserves the right to take all appropriate measures to ascertain full compliance with these Rules.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify Participants and delete any Projects published and comments posted on social media or websites concerned should they be deemed:
- manifestly offensive;
- manifestly unlawful or unconstitutional in nature;
- pornographic, paedophile, racist or xenophobic in nature;
- defamatory or likely to harm the image, privacy, honour, reputation and/or consideration of any natural or legal person in any way whatsoever;
- to promote crime, hatred, violence, suicide;
- to be accompanied by (and/or contain) slanderous, denigrating, insulting, offensive, abusive, defamatory, injurious statements prejudicial to the honour and/or consideration of persons;
- in violation of public law and order;
- to contravene moral standards;
- to fail to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
This list is not exhaustive.
Article 11: Liability
The Promoter cannot be held liable for any lost or undelivered communications.
Furthermore, the Promoter reserves the right, in the event of fraud, to take legal action in any competent court against any Participant or winner deemed to have committed said fraud.
The Promoter cannot be held liable if, due to force majeure or any event beyond its control, the Competition should be cancelled, extended, shortened, deferred or modified. Likewise, the Promoter cannot be held liable, and no action may be taken against it, in the event of cases of force majeure (strikes, weather, etc.) which partially or totally deprive Participants of the possibility to enter the Competition and/or deprive winners of their prizes.
No answer will be given by telephone or in writing concerning the interpretation or application of these Rules, or of the mechanisms or procedures of the Competition, nor the list of winners.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility in the event of any incident and/or accident that may occur as a result of the use or enjoyment of the prize and/or through its improper use by the winners (it should be noted that any insurance obligations are the winner’s responsibility).
The Promoter may under no circumstances be held liable for any incidents arising from the use of prizes once the winners have taken possession of them. Likewise, the Promoter cannot be held liable for the loss or theft of prizes after the beneficiaries have taken possession of them.
The Promoter shall not be liable for any direct or indirect damage, whatever its cause, origin, nature or consequences, even if it has been informed of the possibility of such damage occurring due to:
- Malfunction of the Internet or computer equipment (hardware and/or software and/or databases and/or data) of a Participant or, more generally, to any other problem related to telecommunications networks, resources and services, computers (online or offline), servers, Internet access and/or hosting providers, computer equipment or software, databases and data of any kind;
- Any person accessing the Promoter’s Website(s) or official pages on social media platforms: INSTAGRAM or inability to access them;
- Use or inability to use the Promoter’s Website(s), including any damage or viruses that may infect the Participant’s and/or Promoter’s computer hardware or any other equipment.
The Promoter shall not be bound by the foregoing, and Participants shall therefore not be entitled to any compensation or indemnity of any kind whatsoever
Any claims or complaints arising from the Competition (i) must be made in writing to Dassault Systèmes, 10, rue Marcel Dassault – 78496 Vélizy Villacoublay Cedex – FRANCE and (ii) shall not be considered if sent more than thirty (30) days after the Closing date of the Competition.
Article 12: Rules
These Rules may be consulted at the following address:tca.edu.3ds.com
A hard copy of these Rules can be sent by post free of charge to any person requesting this at the following address: Connor WARD, 10 Rue Marcel Dassault, 78140 Vélizy-Villacoublay.
Each Participant can only be sent one copy of the Rules. Postage used to request a copy of the Rules will be refunded at current second-class rates upon request (one refund per Participant). Please send your request to: Connor WARD, 10 Rue Marcel Dassault, 78140 Vélizy-Villacoublay
The Promoter reserves the right to modify these Rules at any time in the form of an amendment made in compliance with conditions stated and published on line at: tca.edu.3ds.com
These Rules remain the property of the Promoter. To this end, any reproduction, representation and use of all or part thereof is strictly prohibited.
Article 13: Applicable Laws – Assignment of Jurisdiction
All Participants are subject to the laws of France, in particular to French regulations in force relating to competitions.
Any claims must be addressed in writing to the Promoter’s registered offices, as specified in the preamble to these Rules, within thirty (30) days after the Closing date of the Competition, to the exclusion of any other method. After this date, no claims will be accepted.
Any dispute arising during the Competition period will be the subject of an attempt to reach an amicable settlement between Promoter and Participant. Failing agreement, the dispute will be submitted to the competent courts in accordance with the provisions of the French Code of Civil Procedure.
These Rules are provided in English and may be provided, for informational purposes only, in a language other than English. The English version shall be the only binding and enforceable version of this Rules.